Wednesday, November 24, 2004

November 2004

O.K so what is the deal with the FDA approving meds and then pulling them from the market years later after millions of people have taken them claiming that they are unsafe? Vioxx was pulled from the market because of an increased risk of hart attack and stroke. Putting into question the safety of the other Cox-2 drugs Celebrex and Bextra.

Yes, I was on Vioxx it actually helped for some time then stopped. I switched to Bextra which has been good for me. However it sounds like that is the next drug to be pulled.I find this really scary. I have enough medical problems don't need to add a heart attack or stroke. I stopped the Bextra.Why continue to take a medication that may not be safe and that might be pulled from the market eventually anyway?

Now I'm without anything except Aleeve or Motrin(doesn't do much). The first week I was med free I developed one of my severe migraines that lasted for four days. How does one live their life like this? Anyone know? Feeling frustrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home