Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Pneumonia

I don't know what it is but ever since my surgeries I am like a sponge when it comes to picking up illnesses. The wind can blow the wrong way and all of a sudden I'm sick as a dog. I'm just getting over a bout of Pneumonia. It started out as the flu and then very quickly went into my chest.

I absolutely hate going to the doctor with a "normal" problem. Especially a new doctor. I had to find a new GP because mine left his practice. Great, right in time for me to get sick. Whenever I go in with a "normal" complaint doctors freak out thinking I'm having some neurological event. I had a chest x ray which showed the Pneumonia. The radioiologist decided since I have a history of a partial collapsed lung(happened during a medical procedure while in the hospital in 2001), this must be a chronic problem. How could it be chronic if I never had Pneumonia before? Plus I haven't had a problem since. Not to mention, all x rays after the collapse came back normal- all healed. hum?

Anyway I'm getting better. Still taking the anti biotics and will get a repeat x ray in a few days. Can't wait to see what illness they give me this time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home